- These earrings are a cast from REAL swirl cut strombus luhanus seashells
- The size of the earrings are approximately 1 inch in diameter
- Earring post is sterling silver (due to possible allergies)
- Earrings are sustainably and ethically made from 100% recycled brass and gold or silver plated
- Earrings are plated with 3 microns of 14 karat gold or sterling silver (versus the common 1 micron) making the earrings sparkle longer
- There's no nickel, cadmium or lead in our jewelry - making it nontoxic
As you know I name my jewelry after women who inspire me. Since my mother, Claire and I co-designed this piece, I asked her to name the earrings. No pressure, mom! Without hesitation she named them, "Cynthia" after her longtime friend. The two of them taught elementary school together right out of college. My mom is inspired by Cynthia's dedication as a teacher in such an underappreciated and most important profession. Cynthia was always there for her students as a teacher and always there for my mom as a friend.