- These earrings are a cast made from a REAL petal I found in south Austin
- Earrings wrap around your earlobe
- Cast from a real petal
- Earring post is sterling silver (due to possible allergies)
- Earrings are sustainably and ethically made from 100% recycled brass and gold or silver plated
- Earrings are plated with 3 microns of 14 karat gold or sterling silver (versus the common 1 micron) making the earrings sparkle longer
- There's no nickel, cadmium or lead in our jewelry - making it nontoxic
I name my jewelry after women who inspire me. These earrings are named after Gloria Steinem. As you know, Gloria is a journalist and social political activist. She and her work have positively affected my mindset and values.
I appreciate we all have different perspectives. My parents raised my brother, sister, and me to be strong and compassionate people who advocate for the social, political, and economic equality for ALL humans. This includes us women. Both my sister and I graduated from women's colleges and attended several classes learning about women's rights. Gloria Steinem and her cohorts have played powerful roles towards equal rights for women.
The day my niece was born, I held her in my arms with tears streaming down my face. And, I told her, "I will do everything in my power to support you and your life." I do this by making sustainable jewelry, marching for her future rights, and voting. I also do this by teaching her mindfulness and compassion and listening to her.
Women are strong and powerful. That's why they are scared. And, even though it's difficult sometimes because of my own insecurities and fears, I intend to choose love to support my fellow women.